The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition has been organising since 1883 every year. This international competition is managed by The Royal Commonwealth Society. The theme of the competition is Towards A Common Future. Children and youth can send their essay in their related categories. Choose any one of given 4 topics. Essays should be written in English. Register first and submit your entries in Microsoft Word document or PDF format.
Location : United Kingdom. Entry : Open to all citizens & residents of the commonwealth (53 countries). Deadline : 1 June, 2018.
Junior (Age : Under 14 years, Words limit : 750 words.)
- What does safer future mean to you and your community ?
- A day in life : Imagine, You are a country’s Head of Government for the day : How will you build a better future for young people ?
- Write a recipe for common future : What ingredients will you need? What’s the best method for making it ?
- Our common Earth.
Senior (Age : 14-18 years. Words limit : 1,500 words.)
- How does education contribute a fairer future ?
- The road to a safer future.
- ‘Healthy, Wealthy, Happy and Free’ is one more important than others.
- Future generations have rights to, which must be defended. Discuss.
- Winners and runner-ups from both categories will win a trip to London for a week.
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation.