The International Labour Organization (ILO) has launched its 4th Global Media Competition for professional journalists and photographers. There will be 2 categories in this competition :
1. Media reports (print articles, online and radio production).
2. Photo essay or multimedia.
Entrants may submit their entries in any of these 2 thematic areas :
1. Labour migration aspects.
2. Fair recruitment of migrants workers.
Articles should no more than 8,000 words. Radio production shouldn’t be longer than 10 minutes. Photographers can send up to 3 photographs along with a caption. Your article must have been published between 1 June 2017 and 31 October 2018. Entries will be accepted in three languages : English, French and Spanish. Entries in other languages will be accepted but participants have to submit translation in any of the above three languages. Winners will be announced on 18 December, 2018.
Location : Geneva, Switzerland. Deadline : 31 October, 2018.
The competition is open to all professional journalists and photographers from around the world.
- Four winners will receive $1,000 each (one per category, per thematic area).
- Winning entries will be featured on ILO website.